With the much anticipated national budget unveiled at today’s reading, a majority of Ugandans were keen to hear how it would add value to their lives. A good percentage of business owners and low-income earners were hoping that the 2016/17 budget would breathe new life and opportunity in their communities.
On Friday 10th 2016, we will be hosting our annual Post Budget Breakfast, where key industry figures will analyze the budget impact on the Ugandan economy and its future. This year’s theme “Making Strategic Policy Decisions for Sustainable Economic Growth”, seeks to prioritize wealth creation in manufacturing productivity, infrastructure development and maintenance; improving quality of and access to key social services in education, health and water.
At the event, we will explore the practicality in designing strategic policy decisions that will sustain economic growth over the next year and into the foreseeable future.
• Jibran Qureishi: Regional East African Economist, Stanbic Bank
• Patrick Mweheire: Chief Executive Stanbic Bank Uganda
• Keith Muhakanizi: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance/Secretary to the Treasury
• Gideon Badagawa: Executive Director Private Sector Foundation Uganda
• Robert Kabushenga: Managing Director/CEO Vision Group
• Dr. Adam Mugume: Executive Director Research, Bank of Uganda
For live updates from the post budget breakfast follow us on:
Twitter: @stanbicug #SBUBudget16
Facebook: _Stanbic Bank-Uganda