This purpose of this blog site is to provide users with regular updates on Standard Bank Group's growth in the banking sector, its new product releases and information promoting sound financial advice and to allow users to share their expectations and thoughts regarding the development of the site. It is not to be used by you for any other purpose.
The purpose of the “Ideas” section is to provide users with the opportunity to provide Standard Bank with ideas that can be used to improve customer service and the your overall experience with us (Standard Bank Group). This section is not a forum to get answers relating to specific queries or issues or register complaints.
We (Standard Bank Group) believes in freedom of speech and expression. However, in the interests of all users, the following content will not be permitted:
- Content that is or may generally be considered by applicable law or at our discretion as being pornographic, obscene or discriminatory (including (without limitation) racial, gender or religious slurs) and/or constituting hate speech; or speech designed to incite violence or hatred, or threats to cause bodily harm;
- Content that is illegal or unlawful
- Content that is known to be false or misleading
- Content that infringes or may infringe the intellectual property rights or privacy rights of any other person or infringes on a duty of non-disclosure to another person
- Content promoting commercial products and/or services which has not previously been approved by us in writing
- Content that breaches or would breach the security of another user’s account or that gains or would gain access to any other person's computer, software, or data or otherwise threaten another person’s privacy, without the knowledge and consent of such person or otherwise contains destructive code
- Content that may expose Standard Bank Group or any other users to harm or liability of any type
- Impersonation of any person or entity, excluding the right to make use of an alias
- Conducting an attack on or insulting person or entity.
Standard Bank Group reserves the right to remove any prohibited content and to suspend or terminate the right to use this blog site with immediate effect if a user is suspected of posting prohibited content or performing any act which, at our sole discretion, merits suspension or termination of the right of use.
Due to the volume of responses we may not be able to respond to or answer every idea posted. By submitting and idea, you hereby represent and warrant that:
- you either own or control all of the rights to the content submitted;
- you have obtained permission from the owner of the content to submit the information; and
- you have received all necessary permissions to submit such information to be used in accordance with these terms.
Use of content
- By participating in our blog site you expressly grant Standard Bank Group permission to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works and distribute any posted material or submissions.
- This blog site and any ideas submitted contain, amongst others, the intellectual property rights of Standard Bank and/or its affiliates and no portion of this blog site may be copied or disseminated by you without our express prior written consent.
- The submission of an idea to Standard Bank Group is voluntary and gives rise to a perpetual, non-exclusive royalty free licence to Standard Bank Group to use and develop such idea without ant payment or other consideration of any kind or permission or notification to any person.
- We will give ideas such consideration as is warranted in its sole discretion and Standard Bank shall not be obliged to give reasons for rejecting an idea or to reveal Standard Bank’s follow up actions relating to the idea.
- We reserve the right to remove any material should an objection thereto be lodged or should Standard Bank Group suspect that an objection may be lodged.
- You warrant that the ideas you submit: (i) are original and accurate, and (ii) do not violate and will not violate the rights of any third party or any local, state, national or foreign law, including any right of publicity, right of privacy or any other proprietary right.
- By making a submission, you acknowledge and agree that we may create on our own or obtain many submissions that may be similar or identical to the ideas you submit through this blog or other channels and means. You hereby waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that the materials accepted, reviewed or used by Standard Bank Group and our designees may be similar to your materials.
All ideas and comments will be moderated by us before being published or rejected and we will give all ideas submitted such consideration as is warranted by its sole judgment. Moderation criteria include but are not limited to:
- prohibited content;
- entries which are not ideas and are more appropriately dealt with through other channels.
Standard Bank Group reserves the right to edit, amend or re-categorise any idea submitted.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties, unless you have agreed to this or we are required to do so in terms of applicable laws.
Standard Bank Group provides this blog site for the use, benefit and enjoyment of its users. You take responsibility for comments under your username and use the information provided here at your own risk.
Please contact us to report any content or behaviour which you deem inappropriate.
Any opinions expressed by users remain the sole opinion of that individual and should not be regarded as representing or expressing the views or opinions of Standard Bank Group.
Limitation of liability
- Standard Bank will not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the reliance on any content posted on this Blog (whether in contract, delict or otherwise).
- We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the content of this blog site.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Standard Bank Group harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims asserted against us that may arise or result from your use of this blog site.
- You hereby release and hold Standard Bank Group harmless with respect to any claims, damages, costs, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of content you submit, post, transmit or make available, the use of such content by us for any purpose, your use of the ideas your violation of these Terms , or the violation by you or Standard Bank Group of yours or any third party’s rights including, without limitation, intellectual property or other proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, rights of attribution, or any other liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise.
Standard Bank Group reserves the right to amend the terms from time to time at its sole discretion and such amendments is binding on you.
We reserves the right to discontinue this blog site or any section of it at any time.
These terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Standard Bank Group regarding the use of the blog site.
This agreement will be governed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and its validity, construction and effect shall be governed by and enforced pursuant to the substantive laws of the Republic of South Africa. All legal proceedings in connection with the enforcement, construction, interpretation, breach or violation of this agreement shall be submitted to the courts in South Africa and that jurisdiction and venue are proper in such courts